Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Still Untitled, a new song.

I wrote the tune for it today. I'm going to record it tonight.
I hope you enjoy it.
I was thinking of Toast for the title. What do you think?


I've got a tv set of silhouettes and a girl that don't run dry,
and this mystery of identity, gives meaning to this life,
if there's a city street, with someone new to meet, then i guess ill be alright.
the morning always follows the darkest nights.

i heard a strike, at the break of light, from a nearby neighbors lawn,
and the forest pain, is my pain when the branches break and fall,
the diamonds in your cutlery, had never shone so bright,
until you made me toast after I'd been throwing up all night.

there's a never-ending staircase in the pocket of my jeans,
there's a bag inside half empty, but the substance carries dreams.
I've got a paycheque in the mail, I've been waiting for, for weeks.
the mailman must be missing, or still asleep.

so this generations fucked of pills and depression soaks their shoes,
I've tried to get them walking, but their blisters are still new,
and our ham bones are so bare, i guess we'll have to make a soup.
or gnaw in awe at what we cannot chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment