Tuesday, October 6, 2009

4.26am


This tune brings back memories of a time better left forgotten. now I'm awake, mouth half open. wandering aimlessly in thoughts i gassed long ago with the feelings. park benches of wood rotting so aimlessly. holding your hand before roll call, and waiting until the next time i could again. and your cold dead face, keeps smiling from beneath where my eyelids shade.sunlight through bus windows, we'd walk where the wind blowed, and every morning I'd wake for you.
photos of old souls entangled in shadows with lips locked like we were, like lovers, like we were.
now i can't walk straight, the re-occurring dreams keep my eyes from the sleep i crave
and i mourn for a time, I'll never get back,
the ex-lover is dead and so is what we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment