Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The circle of a raven.

I've got something i need to tell you.
It's like the breaking of an apple, it's the eyes of a dingo before it sets itself upon you. There's an arrow in my spine from the bow of a lover I gave too much of my time. I feel the infection setting in with each spore blown by the endless wind. I don't want this to weep.
Sometimes I forget that I'm still living, holding on so tightly to memories that seem so empty. Empty are the spaces behind your eyes, I've looked so deep and still you were nowhere to be found. The sparrow has come home again, now the roads been replaced with secrets of a garden. It's walking so awkwardly, stumbling over forgotten memories. I can tell it cant breathe easily. Some things need to be forgotten, like the time you threw eggs because your mother had told you they'd gone rotten. I've misplaced my desire to smile back and spin laughter.
But its spinning on without me, ravens circle up above me.
Eager for me to stumble, eager for me to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment